Saturday 23 March 2013

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 23 March 2013 - Year of Victory for a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, March 23, 2013
 
Let us all set our sights on leading great lives dedicated always to truth and move toward that goal in good health, brimming with hope. Let us live our lives boldly, without regret, advancing with patience, enthusiasm and a genuine spirit of friendship and camaraderie.

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, March 23, 2013
 
If only you chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, then what offense could fail to be eradicated? What blessing could fail to come? This is the truth, and it is of great profundity. You should believe and accept it.
 
Conversation between a Sage and an Unenlightened Man
Recipient unknown; written in 1265

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, March 23, 2013
 
I am the father of living beings and I should rescue them from their sufferings and give them the joy of the measureless and boundless Buddha wisdom so that they may find their enjoyment in that - The Lotus Sutra

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (14 Mar. 1960) p.487
 
When I precisely and assiduously recite the five prayers in the morning and three in the evening, I feel refreshed all day.  How mystic.  My extremely busy schedule has not allowed me to do so lately.  Felt disgusted with myself over this.  No matter how many beautiful words I speak to others, cannot conceal my inner life-condition.  This is the law of cause and effect.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment