Thursday 14 March 2013

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 14 March 2013 - Year of Victory for a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 14, 2013
 
As SGI leaders, how we interpret the words of members and what we say in response is important. A genuine leader is someone who gives measured thought to such matters. When talking with individuals, ask yourselves: "What are they worried about?" "What are they trying to say?" "What are they thinking? "What is it they seek?" Try to discern these things in others. Try to know. Try to understand. This is the challenge of leadership. From such compassion arises wisdom.

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, March 14, 2013
 
While I was there, however, you and your husband, the lay priest of Ko, being apprehensive of the eyes of others, brought me food in the middle of the night. Never fearing even punishment from the provincial officials, you are persons who were ready to sacrifice yourselves for me. Thus, though it was a harsh land, when I left, I felt as if the hair that had been shaved from my head were being tugged from behind and as if with each step I took I were being pulled back.
 
Letter to the Lay Nun of Ko
Written to the lay nun of Ko on June 16, 1275

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 14, 2013
 
Depending on their outlook, people's old age will dramatically differ, especially in terms of the richness and fulfillment they will experience. Everything is up to our attitude, how we approach life. Do we look at old age as a descending path to oblivion? Or is it a period in which we can attain our goals and bring our lives to a rewarding, satisfying completion?

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (3 Mar. 1960) p.484
 
In the evening, gave a general lecture at Suginami Civic Auditorium on one of the letters to Lord Ueno.  A truly profound writing.  Must study.
...
To sleep after 2:00 a.m.  Thought of my mother.  As an apostle of the Mystic Law, I left my home to find my own way.  To a place without my mother, without a wife.  I must stand on the front lines of kosen-rufu throughout my life.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment