Tuesday 12 March 2013

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 12 March 2013 - Year of Victory for a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
 
As SGI members our work, our mission, is clear. We have the unparalleled task of working for the happiness of all humanity in an endeavour we call kosen-rufu. To participate in SGI activities and challenge ourselves earnestly on the path of our mission are the greatest happiness. It all comes down to whether we can appreciate this point.

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
 
I recently received an official pardon, and I will return to Kamakura . Can this be the year in which the passage "What I long ago hoped for has now been fulfilled" comes true for me? Without your protection, could I possibly have sustained my life? Could I have survived to be pardoned? My life's achievements are due entirely to you and to those like you.
 
Letter to Endo Saemon-no-jo
Written to Endo Saemon-no-jo on March 12, 1274

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
 
The human being is not a frail wretch at the mercy of fate. Shakyamuni insisted that to change oneself now is to change the future on a vast scale. The Western impression that Buddhism is all about meditation is alien to the spirit of Shakyamuni. The goal of Nichiren Buddhism is neither escape from reality nor passive acceptance. It is to live strongly, pro-actively, in such a way as to refine one's own life and reform society through a constant exchange between the outside world and the individual's inner world.

 
 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (01 Mar. 1960) p.483
 
Decision to purchase land near the headquarters building was made today.  Very happy about that.  The new Seiko Shimbun building will be constructed there.  A stronghold in the war of words.  In the war of words and thoughts, this will become a great driving force for kosen-rufu. 
Spoke with H., A. and others.  They are all my good friends as well as my juniors.  I'm sure in ten years' time they will all be great leaders in society.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment