Saturday 2 March 2013

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 02 March 2013 - Year of Victory for a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, March 2, 2013
 
There is a saying, "To start an undertaking is easy, to maintain it is difficult." Though creating something new may seem daunting, it is in fact easy when compared to the far more challenging task of carrying on an existing enterprise, to keep it going, to develop it further. Everything depends on people, on capable successors. And our movement for kosen-rufu depends on young people. For that reason I am determined to do all that I can right now to raise genuine successors in the youth division.

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, March 2, 2013
 
If in this present existence I am so fearful for my life that I fail to speak out, then in what future existence will I ever attain Buddhahood? Or in what future existence will I ever be able to bring salvation to my parents and my teacher? With thoughts such as these uppermost in my mind, I decided that I must begin to speak out. And, just as I had expected, I was ousted, I was vilified, I was attacked, and I suffered wounds.
 
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, March 2, 2013
 
The important thing is not whether we are optimistic or pessimistic but rather that, while keeping a careful eye on reality, we are neither overwhelmed by it nor content with the status quo. We must keep the lamps of our ideals alight while being ready to pioneer uncharted paths. Faith in life and in the human spirit is the necessary foundation for this approach.

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (11 Feb. 1960) p.475/476
 
Today is president Toda's birthday.  If he were alive, he would be celebrating his sixtieth birthday.  My wife and I talked about this as if we were Sensei's son and daughter.
Almost two years have passed since Sensei died.  Time flies, but it feels like a long time all the same.
...
My wife made sweet rice cakes to celebrate Sensei's birthday.  The two of us enjoyed eating them together.  We talked about how Sensei would rejoice most at our family's celebration.
Together we are happy.  Together, our hearts are beautiful.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment