Tuesday 29 June 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 29 June 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory



                    
 

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
June 29, 2021

The important thing is to advance brightly and strive to be victorious at each moment, right where we are; to begin something here and now instead of fretting and worrying over what will happen. This is the starting point for transforming our lives.
________________________________
 
From the Writing of Nichiren Daishonin
June 29, 2021

If one hopes to study and master Buddhism, then one cannot do so without devoting time to the task.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 690
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276
 ________________________________
 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
June 29, 2021

Originally, every person's life is a brilliantly shining mirror. Differences arise depending on whether one polishes this mirror: A polished mirror is the Buddha's life, whereas a tarnished mirror is that of a common mortal. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is what polishes our lives.
 ________________________________

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (19 May 1954) p.172
 
Physical condition very poor.
Could I be suffering from tuberculosis? Or perhaps I have stomach trouble or diabetes. How I wish I was healthy.
If the principle 'the oneness of body and mind' is true, then my spiritual determination should spur me on, and there is no reason my body cannot be restored to health. Reflecting, I realize I must firmly establish powerful faith.

 ___________________________


 

No comments:

Post a Comment