Wednesday 23 June 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 23 June 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory



                    
        

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
June 23, 2021

 Jesse Owens, who won four gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Olympics, later remarked that one's inner life is the true Olympics.
 Life itself is an Olympics where we strive each day to better own personal records.
________________________________
 
From the Writing of Nichiren Daishonin
June 23, 2021

 Our present tribulations are like moxibustion; at the time, it is painful, but because it has beneficial after effects, the pain is not really pain. 
Urge on, but do not frighten, the ones from Atsuhara who are ignorant of Buddhism.
 Tell them to be prepared for the worst, and not to expect good times, but take the bad times for granted.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 998
On Persecutions Befalling the Sage
Written to all followers (and entrusted to Shijo Kingo on October 1, 1279
 ________________________________
 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
June 23, 2021

 If a person is hungry, we should give them bread.
When there is no bread, we can at least give words that nourish. 
To a person who looks ill or is physically frail, we can turn the conversation to some subject that will lift their spirits and fill them with the hope and determination to get better.
 Let us give something to each person we meet: joy, courage, hope, assurance, philosophy, wisdom, a vision for the future. Let us always give something.
 ________________________________


Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (19 April 1954) p.168/69

Few friends know me.
Few members trust me.
Few seniors sincerely look after my development.
Few truly protect me.
No – such a spoiled attitude will not do.
Everything derives from my determination.
 Before Judging others, remember to look strictly at myself.
Must take a good look at my own faith. 
The Gohonzon watches over and protects me. 
My mentor watches over me and guides my growth.

 _____________________________






No comments:

Post a Comment