Monday 24 May 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 24 May 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory



                    
        

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
May 24, 2021
 
President Toda said: "Those who do not value the organization are practicing self-centered faith. With such faith you cannot expect to receive the truly profound benefits of this practice." Working hard within the organization for people's happiness and welfare is itself truly noble Buddhist practice.
 ________________________________
 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
May 24, 2021
 
Though I have long since ceased to think about my home, seeing this laver brings back many familiar memories, and I am saddened and find it hard to bear. It is the same kind of laver I saw long ago on the shore at Kataumi, Ichikawa, and Kominato. I feel an unwarranted resentment that, while the color, shape, and taste of this laver have remained unchanged, my parents have passed away, and I cannot restrain my tears.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 466

Reply to Niiama
Written to the younger nun Niiama on February 16, 1275
 ________________________________
 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
May 24, 2021
 
The ultimate and most glorious of human relationships is the relationship of spiritual successors. Even animals have relationships of parent and child. There are animals that share partnerships similar to marriage, and even those that enjoy friendships. However, the relationship of mentor and disciple, of spiritual successors, exists only among human beings.
 ________________________________

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (11 January 1954) p.154
 
President Toda stated: "I am striving resolutely ahead to carry out a revolution. My revolution, however, is a bloodless revolution, based on compassion and reason." His words resound in my mind.

 _____________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment