Sunday 2 May 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 2 May 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory

                             

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
May 2, 2021
 
No matter how healthy, intelligent or affluent we may be, if our minds are weak, then our happiness will also be frail and brittle. Our minds of faith, moreover, enable us to bring out the full potential in all things and situations, so it is crucial that we strive to forge our minds of faith.
 ________________________________
 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
May 2, 2021
 
All the other sutras are examples of preaching in accordance with the minds of others, because, when expounding them, the Buddha adjusted himself to the minds of all other living beings. But the Lotus Sutra is an example of preaching in accordance with the Buddha's own mind, because in it the Buddha had all living beings comply with his own mind.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 969
The Teaching That Accords with the Buddha's Mind
Written to Niike Saemon-no-jo on May 2, 1279
 ________________________________
 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
May 2, 2021
 
Great people never forget what others have done for them. In fact, having a sense of appreciation makes a person worthy of respect.
 ________________________________

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (02 October 1953) p.144
 

A steady autumn rain. Appreciative in many ways for my circumstances, which allow me to grow while fighting courageously day after day and night after night. How fortunate that I can dedicate myself heart and soul to my job, my mission and my activities during this active time of my youth. Next year I'll be twenty-six. Construction, improvement, fierce struggle, devotion – with these I will live, fight and advance under my mentor, in a way befitting a youth and a disciple
.
  _____________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment