Monday 20 April 2015

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 20 April 2015 - Year of Dynamic Development in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu



 Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, April 20, 2015
 
To possess both wisdom and compassion is the heart of our human revolution. If you have wisdom alone and lack compassion, it will be a cold, perverse wisdom. If you have compassion alone and lack wisdom, you cannot give happiness to others. You are even likely to lead them in the wrong direction. Also you cannot achieve your own happiness.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Monday, April 20, 2015
 
From the time that I was born until today, I, Nichiren, have never known a moment's ease, I have thought only of propagating the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra. I do not know how long I or anyone else may live, but without fail, I will be with you at the time of your death and guide you from this life to the next.
 
Persecution by Sword and Staff
Written to Nanjo Tokimitsu on April 20, 1279
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, April 20, 2015
 
Just as flowers open up and bear fruit, just as the moon appears and invariably grows full, just as a lamp becomes brighter when oil is added, and just as plants and trees flourish with rain, so will human beings never fail to prosper when they make good causes – Nichiren.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (12 January 1960) p.464
 
On August 22, 1950, the Tokyo Construction Credit Union failed. Should it be called his* second persecution? Fought with all my might and made strenuous efforts as I promised myself when I chose him as my mentor. Now recollect I accomplished my human revolution to the greatest degree at that time.
 
When I think of how much this single year of life-or-death struggle alongside him, during which I forged a causal relationship with him, has brought me good fortune and enabled me to change my karma, I deeply realize the mystic workings of the True Law.
 
*Josei Toda
 


No comments:

Post a Comment