Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 15 April 2015 - Year of Dynamic Development in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
 
Material possessions cannot be enjoyed after death. But millionaires rich in life force are able to freely make use of the treasures of the universe in lifetime after lifetime and enjoy a journey of eternal happiness. That is what constitutes proof of true victory in life.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
 
The Lotus Sutra offers a secret means for leading all living beings to Buddhahood. It leads one person in the realm of hell, one person in the realm of hungry spirits, and thus one person in each of the nine realms of existence to Buddhahood, and thereby the way is opened for all living beings to attain Buddhahood.
 
Letter to Horen
Written to Soya Kyoshin in April 1275
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
 
Life and death are one, and the entity of our existence is eternal, persisting throughout past, present and future. The setting sun, radiant with joy, gives proof of its undiminished power and at the same time offers a promise of a bright tomorrow. Bringing our lives to a wonderful, satisfying close guarantees us the path to happiness throughout eternity.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (10 January 1960) p.462
 
Stayed up until late. Clock hands never seem to keep up with my thoughts. My wife, concerned about my health, suggested I go to bed early.
From yesterday on, decided to chant one thousand more daimoku each day. This is my new resolution, a springboard toward the next step.
Thought about how my friends have been doing since I joined. Thought about my brother.
Will advance again tomorrow. To take one more stride forward, will dig deeper into the earth of my own life and challenge myself.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment