Sunday 14 September 2014

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 14 September 2014 - Year of Opening a New Era of Worldwide Kosen-rufu



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Sunday, September 14, 2014
 
One's true worth as a human being is not a matter of outward appearance or title but derives rather from the breadth of one's spirit. Everything comes down to faith and conviction. It is what is in one's heart and the substance of one's actions that count.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Sunday, September 14, 2014
 
The government's persecution of me has clearly demonstrated my faith in the Lotus Sutra. There is no doubt that the moon wanes and waxes and that the tide ebbs and flows. In my case, too, since punishment has already occurred, benefit must be forthcoming. What is there to lament?"
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 194
Letter from Echi
Written to Toki Jonin on September 14, 1271
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Sunday, September 14, 2014
 
The Buddha does not look down on living beings from on high. He lifts them up to the same level as himself. He teaches them that they are all equally treasure towers worthy of supreme respect. This is the philosophy of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren's spirit. It is true humanism.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (11 December 1956) p.310
 
Slept at my parents' house for the first time in ten years. A dozen or so people – my brothers and their families – stayed over as well. Keenly sense that I must now stop by the house from time to time. The past cannot be helped. But from now on, I must.
In the morning, chanted daimoku for three hours to the small portable Gohonzon before my father's body. In this way I believe, I could fulfill my ultimate filial duty.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment