Saturday 13 September 2014

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 13 September 2014 - Year of Opening a New Era of Worldwide Kosen-rufu



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, September 13, 2014
 
The functions of both the "devil" and the "Buddha" exist within our lives. Ultimately, our battle is with ourselves. Whether in our Buddhist practice or in activities in society, or whether in historical, political or economic developments, everything essentially boils down to a struggle between positive and negative forces.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, September 13, 2014
 
Now Nichiren's lifelong prayer and desire will be achieved in an instant. And this fits the Buddha's prediction regarding the fifth five hundred years, just as one half of a tally matches the other.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 901
Reply to the Followers
Written to followers in  Kamakura  on March 21, 1278
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, September 13, 2014
 
Exerting yourself by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo each day amounts to what might be called a spiritual workout. It purifies and cleanses your life, gets your motors running and puts you on the right course for the day. It gets your body and mind working smoothly and puts you in rhythm, in sync, with the universe.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (10 December 1956) p.309
 
On December 10, at 8:30 in the evening, my father died. He lived to sixty-eight. The cause of death – heart failure. Heard he died while everyone was watching television. My stern, kind father – the one who raised me – has died. Ah, I regret never being a truly filial son. I am twenty-eight.
My venerable, honest father. My old-fashioned, sincere and magnanimous father. Recall how he always watched quietly, never scolding me, not even once. Ah, as his body lay quietly and peacefully before me, I set out my small, portable Gohonzon, reciting the sutra and chanting daimoku, offering him my prayers for one hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment