Monday 9 June 2014

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 09 June 2014 - Year of Opening a New Era of Worldwide Kosen-rufu



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, June 9, 2014
 
 We have to make ourselves heard. We have to speak out for what we believe in. When we, the people, boldly state our true convictions - never losing our optimism or sense of humour - the times will change. When it comes to speaking out for justice, there isn't any need for restraint. On the contrary, to be reserved or hesitant under such circumstances is wrong.
 

 
 From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Monday, June 9, 2014
 
 I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra and the ten demon daughters will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground.
 
On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins
Written to Shijo Kingo in 1273
 

 
 Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, June 9, 2014
 
 In any field of endeavour, making a vow is the foundation for achieving something great. If for whatever reason a person gives up halfway or backslides, his or her commitment hasn't been based on a vow. Half-hearted desire doesn't amount to a vow.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (18 September 1954) p.200/201
 
There are times I think about death and times I am filled with the joy of living. At times I give guidance, overflowing with profound gratitude and appreciation for the Mystic Law; at other times I only go through the motions, giving guidance and carrying out propagation out of obligation. At times I want to run to Sensei's side, while at others, I feel in the depths of my heart like avoiding him.
A lonesome youth. A young man gripped by a myriad emotions. Fateful days of youth. I can only advance with all my might. In any event, whether joyful of suffering, I must advance, as a child of the Gakkai.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment