Saturday 24 May 2014

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 24 May 2014 - Year of Opening a New Era of Worldwide Kosen-rufu



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, May 24, 2014
 
President Toda said: "Those who do not value the organization are practicing self-centered faith. With such faith you cannot expect to receive the truly profound benefits of this practice." Working hard within the organization for people's happiness and welfare is itself truly noble Buddhist practice.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, May 24, 2014
 
Though I have long since ceased to think about my home, seeing this laver brings back many familiar memories, and I am saddened and find it hard to bear. It is the same kind of laver I saw long ago on the shore at Kataumi,  Ichikawa , and Kominato. I feel an unwarranted resentment that, while the color, shape, and taste of this laver have remained unchanged, my parents have passed away, and I cannot restrain my tears.
 
Reply to Niiama
Written to the younger non Niiama on February 16, 1275
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, May 24, 2014
 
The ultimate and most glorious of human relationships is the relationship of spiritual successors. Even animals have relationships of parent and child. There are animals that share partnerships similar to marriage, and even those that enjoy friendships. However, the relationship of mentor and disciple, of spiritual successors, exists only among human beings.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (22 July 1954) p.193
 
Opportunities to talk with Sensei are few. Feel a sense of solitude. Cannot comprehend his life force and sublime state of mind. He is truly awakened to the mysterious law of Buddhism. Passionate, quiet, cool, insightful, composed, domineering, severe, compassionate…
Want to purify my faith, step by step. Deeply ashamed of my lack of ability, my tendency to rely on shallow understanding.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment