Friday 28 September 2012

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 28 September 2012 - The Year of Developing a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, September 28, 2012
 
Faith means making a hundred percent effort ourselves - in our daimoku and in our actions. When we practice in this way, the Buddhist gods will lend us their protection. We mustn't have a complacent, dependent attitude in faith, chanting haphazardly without definite goals and making only half-hearted efforts in the belief that we'll automatically be protected. Depth of determination and unshakable character are vital. Those possessing these qualities are second to none in faith.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Friday, September 28, 2012
 
Never seek this Gohonzon outside yourself. The Gohonzon exists only within the mortal flesh of us ordinary people who embrace the Lotus Sutra and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 832
The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon
Written to Nichinyo on August 23, 1277
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Friday, September 28, 2012
 
Your home is where your loved ones live. Your home is the place where you work together with your fellow human beings to build a paradise, a realm of peace and prosperity for all. When we are asked where our home is, we can answer: "My home is the world. Everywhere in the world where my fellow human beings live, all of it, is my home."
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (1957) p. 369
 
I will only be twenty-nine for a few more days.  Soon I will be thirty.  I can no longer go on being a spoiled child.  Must study.  Must develop my true ability.  Must fight.
With each year's passage, I feel my responsibility deepen.  Another year of Sensei's lectures and of advancing my own study has ended. As I look back, I keenly sense my growth this year.  Deeply, powerfully, toward revealing the actual proof of the inconspicuous benefit of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. 
 
Will climb the coming year's new slope.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment