Monday 12 March 2012

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 12 March 2012 - The Year of Developing a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, March 12, 2012
  
As SGI members our work, our mission, is clear. We have the unparalleled task of working for the happiness of all humanity in an endeavour we call kosen-rufu. To participate in SGI activities and challenge ourselves earnestly on the path of our mission are the greatest happiness. It all comes down to whether we can appreciate this point.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Monday, March 12, 2012
 
I recently received an official pardon, and I will return to Kamakura . Can this be the year in which the passage "What I long ago hoped for has now been fulfilled" comes true for me? Without your protection, could I possibly have sustained my life? Could I have survived to be pardoned? My life's achievements are due entirely to you and to those like you.
 
Letter to Endo Saemon-no-jo 
Written to Endo Saemon-no-jo on March 12, 1274
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, March 12, 2012
 
The human being is not a frail wretch at the mercy of fate. Shakyamuni insisted that to change oneself now is to change the future on a vast scale. The Western impression that Buddhism is all about meditation is alien to the spirit of Shakyamuni. The goal of Nichiren Buddhism is neither escape from reality nor passive acceptance. It is to live strongly, proactively, in such a way as to refine one's own life and reform society through a constant exchange between the outside world and the individual's inner world.

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (1954) p. 185
 
Tonight Mars shone with mysterious brilliance and clarity.  Cannot help pondering the wonder of the universe and its heavenly bodies.
 
Fluctuations, centripetal force, gravitation; light-years, atmosphere, distance, circular form; living beings, life and death – how mysterious! Must come to understand it by living my entire life based upon the Mystic Law.  Never have I thought so seriously about life and death as I have tonight.  Rather, I have never been so worried about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment