Thursday 1 March 2012

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 01 March 2012 - The Year of Developing a Youthful SGI


Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 1, 2012

We need to go out and mix with people every day. Making our local community the base for our activities, we need to forge ties of friendship with others and work with them to create peace. Staying connected in this way to our town, city, state and country is a practical manifestation of our lives permeating all things. We embody the doctrine of a life-moment possessing 3,000 realms when we do kosen-rufu activities.
 
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, March 1, 2012
 
If in this present existence I am so fearful for my life that I fail to speak out, then in what future existence will I ever attain Buddhahood? Or in what future existence will I ever be able to bring salvation to my parents and my teacher? With thoughts such as these uppermost in my mind, I decided that I must begin to speak out. And, just as I had expected, I was ousted, I was vilified, I was attacked, and I suffered wounds.
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 727
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, March 1, 2012
 
Words can be either the root of discord or a force for unity. They can be the origin of deception or the key to learning. They can be the instruments of plotting and intrigue or weapons for truth and wisdom. That is why it is so crucial to speak out ever more vigorously for what is right.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (1954) p.177
 
Deeply sense the difference between workplaces located in the dirty urban soot of Tokyo and those of the open plains of Musashino. People in the cities forget the greatness of nature: this is equivalent to forgetting their humanity. I myself never want to become such a man, living like a cog in a giant machine.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment