Tuesday 1 March 2022

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - March 1 2022 - The year of Youth and Dynamic Progress



                  
     

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
 March 1, 2022

We need to go out and mix with people every day. Making our local community the base for our activities, we need to forge ties of friendship with others and work with them to create peace. Staying connected in this way to our town, city, state and country is a practical manifestation of our lives permeating all things. We embody the doctrine of a life-moment possessing 3,000 realms when we do kosen-rufu activities.
________________________________

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
 March 1, 2022

If in this present existence I am so fearful for my life that I fail to speak out, then in what future existence will I ever attain Buddhahood? Or in what future existence will I ever be able to bring salvation to my parents and my teacher? With thoughts such as these uppermost in my mind, I decided that I must begin to speak out. And, just as I had expected, I was ousted, I was vilified, I was attacked, and I suffered wounds.

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 727
On Repaying Debts of Gratitude
Written to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo on July 21, 1276
________________________________

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
 March 1, 2022

Words can be either the root of discord or a force for unity. They can be the origin of deception or the key to learning. They can be the instruments of plotting and intrigue or weapons for truth and wisdom. That is why it is so crucial to speak out ever more vigorously for what is right.
________________________________

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (13 February 1958) p.386
 
A corps flags exchange ceremony at the Toshima Civic Hall at 7:00…

Visited Sensei's home to report late at night. Received guidance on:

1. Developing the youth division's potential for the future.

2. Principles Gakkai leaders should adopt.

3. Buddhism and its view of society.

4. The ultimate mission of the Gakkai.

Home at 11:50. Had many thoughts. My wife cautioned me that my complexion is pale. Feel a slight fever.

Made a clean copy of the notes of Sensei's guidance until late.
The bathtub is leaking. The whole family cannot take a bath.

_____________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment