Thursday 2 December 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 02 December 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory



             

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
December 2, 2021
 
Nichiren Daishonin writes, "If you light a lantern for another, it will also brighten your own way" (Gosho Zenshu, p. 1598). Please be confident that the higher your flame of altruistic action burns, the more its light will suffuse your life with happiness. Those who possess an altruistic spirit are the happiest people of all.
 ________________________________
 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
December 2, 2021
 
All these things I have done solely in order to repay the debt I owe to my parents, the debt I owe to my teacher, the debt I owe to the three treasures of Buddhism, and the debt I owe to my country. For their sake I have been willing to destroy my body and to give up my life, though as it turns out, I have not been put to death after all.
 
On Repaying Debts Of Gratitude
Written in 1276, Nichiren Daishonin wrote this treatise to express his gratitude to Dozen-bo and sent it to Joken-bo and Gijo-bo, senior priests at the time.
________________________________
 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
December 2, 2021
 
What is defeat in life? It is not merely making a mistake; defeat means giving up on yourself in the midst of difficulty. What is true success in life? True success means winning in your battle with yourself. Those who persist in the pursuit of their dreams, no matter what the hurdles, are winners in life, for they have won over their weaknesses.
________________________________

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (1957) p.324

Another fine day. Happy. Rested through the morning – read. Various thoughts about the future arise like gathering clouds. At 2:00, lectured on the latter portion of "The Teaching Affirmed by All Buddhas Throughout Time" at I.'s. Though incapable, I gave it my all. In the evening, attended Shigi Chapter's first meeting of the year. Gave guidance sincerely. There are times I hope for people's happiness and other time that feeling does not arise. Strange, the common mortal's mind.
_____________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment