Thursday 15 July 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 15 July 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory



                    
 

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
July 15, 2021

 What is the treasure of youth? It is struggle; it is hard work. Unless you struggle, you cannot become truly strong. Those who fight hard during their youth will have nothing to fear when the time comes to put the finishing touches on their lives. They will possess a great state of life that towers strong and unshakable. In Buddhism, we call this the state of Buddhahood, which nothing can undermine or destroy. It is a state of mind enjoyed by invincible champions of life.
________________________________

 From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

July 15, 2021

 I, Nichiren, am hated by the people of Japan. This is entirely due to the fact that the lord of Sagami regards me with animosity. I grant that the government has acted quite without reason, but even before I encountered my difficulties, I foresaw that troubles of this kind would occur, and I resolved that, whatever might happen to me in the future, I must not bear any hatred toward others. This determination has perhaps acted as a prayer, for I have been able to come safely through any number of trials.
 
 The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 686
On Consecrating an Image of Shakyamuni Buddha Made by Shijo Kingo
Written to Shijo Kingo on July 15, 1276
________________________________

 Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
July 15, 2021

 Daily life can seem all too drab and unexciting. Living itself can sometimes seem a strain, and few of us realistically expect what joy we feel to last forever. But when we fall in love, life seems filled with drama and excitement. We feel like the leading character in a novel. But, if you get lost in love just because you are bored, and consequently veer from the path you should be following, then love is nothing more than escapism.
 ________________________________

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (29 June 1954) p. 184
 
Morning, scolded by Sensei. For me, scolding is frequent.
My young brother visited for the first time in a year. We ate together at I. restaurant. Feel so sorry for him. As a memento of our meeting, I gave him a fountain pen, a carrying case for his monthly train pass and some spending money.

 ___________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment