Saturday 13 February 2021

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 13 February 2021 - Year of Hope and Victory


    

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda

February 13, 2021

 Remembering things about a person is an expression of compassion and concern. Forgetfulness shows a lack of compassion, a lack of responsibility. 


 From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

February 13, 2021

 Because I chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with my own mouth, I have been reviled, struck, exiled, and had my life threatened. However, in spite of all this, I have continued to exhort others to do likewise. Am I not then a votary of the Lotus Sutra?"

 The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 892

No Safety in the Threefold World

Written to Matsuno Rokuro Saemon on February 13, 1278


  Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda

February 13, 2021

 Henry David Thoreau, a renowned American Renaissance thinker, wrote in his journal: "Nothing must be postponed. Take time by the forelock. Now or never! You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." We shouldn't put anything off but seize the moment, living with all our being in the present. If we do that, he says, each moment will become eternity.


 Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (31 December 1957) p.370

 An eternal goodbye to my twenty-ninth year. May I live gloriously in my thirties. It has been a difficult year. It may have been a losing battle. This coming year, I will definitely win and make a fresh start toward a splendid life. Farewell, 1957! Mount Fuji stands undaunted, as always, against the bitter wind.























No comments:

Post a Comment