Saturday 19 December 2020

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 19 December 2020 - Year of Advancement and Capable People



    Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda

December 19, 2020 

Encouragement - offering encouraging words -is important. Nichiren Daishonin states, "The voice does the Buddha's work" (Gosho Zenshu, p. 708). Sincere words of encouragement have the power to give people hope and courage to go on living.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

December 19, 2020 

Great evil portends the arrival of great good. If all of Jambudvipa were to be thrown into chaos, there could be no doubt that [this sutra would] "be widely propagated throughout Jambudvipa." 

The Kalpa of Decrease

Neither the date nor addressee of this letter is known.
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda

December 19, 2020 

Relationship problems are opportunities to grow and mature. Such problems can be character building if you don't let them defeat you. That's why it's important not to isolate yourself. No one can exist apart from others. Remaining aloof from others cultivates selfishness, which accomplishes nothing.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (17 July 1957) p.335 

I was released today 17th, at 12:10 p.m. Several hundred Osaka members greeted me. Overjoyed. The Gakkai is strong. The Gakkai is right. The Gakkai is the most beautiful of organizations.

For the rest of my life, I shall never forget my friends from Tokyo who rushed to Osaka out of concern for me…

At 1:30p.m. went to Itami Airport to greet Sensei. Shed tears deep in my heart at my mentor's profound compassion. Aware that the concern and worry Sensei has felt for me on this occasion have been deeper than the ocean. Must, by all means, spend the rest of my life repaying my great debt of gratitude to him.




















No comments:

Post a Comment