Thursday 22 August 2019

Sensei's Daily Encouragement -22 August 2019 - Year of Soka Victory - Toward Our 90th Anniversary


Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda

August 22, 2019 

It is not a question of your environment or those around you, nor what the organization or leaders may be like. To be swayed by such externals is pointless. It all comes down to one person: you. What matters is that you become a brilliant beacon, shining with joy and happiness and live your life with confidence and courage. If you shine with a radiant light, there can be no darkness in your life.

 


 

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

August 22, 2019 

By considering the magnitude of the punishment suffered by those who harbor enmity toward the Lotus Sutra, we can understand the magnitude of the benefits obtained by devoting oneself to it.

 

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1095

Reply to Jibu-bo

Written to Jibu-bo on August 22, 1281

 


 

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda

August 22, 2019 

The times when I have most intensely felt and experienced the inner reality of creation have been those times when I have thrown myself wholeheartedly into a task, when I have carried through with that task to the very end. At such times, I experience a dramatically expanded sense of self. I can almost hear the joyous yell of victory issuing from the depths of my being.

 


 

Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (20 December 1954) p.205 

Physical condition poor. Troubled by my deep karma. A frightening thing, this destiny. Physically, I feel like I have aged beyond my fifties. How much longer will I live? Some days I become too sentimental…

Yesterday, a YWD general meeting was held at the Meiji University Memorial Auditorium. During the meeting, I was formally appointed as divisional advisor. Felt no special joy or excitement, since I have been fulfilling this responsibility every day for some time now.
















No comments:

Post a Comment