Thursday 4 July 2019

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 04 July 2019 - Year of Soka Victory - Toward Our 90th Anniversary

    Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda

July 4, 2019 

I place a high value on personal initiative. Spontaneity underlies the spirit of autonomy and independence; conversely, taking action because one is told to amounts to slavery of the spirit. Kosen-rufu will be advanced by brave people armed with the spirit of independence who voluntarily strive to fulfill the vow they made at the time of kuon ganjo. Because they struggle of their own volition, they have no complaints or grievances. The greater the obstacles they face, the greater the courage, wisdom and power they muster from within.

 


 

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

July 4, 2019 

Even if it seems that, because I was born in the ruler's domain, I follow him in my actions, I will never follow him in my heart. 

The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 579

The Selection of the Time

Written to Yui in 1275

 


 

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda

July 4, 2019 

A great inner revolution in just a single individual will help achieve a change in the destiny of an entire society and, further, will cause a change in the destiny of humankind.
 

 

Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (08 June 1954) p.175

 

Feel especially tormented and lonesome tonight. Now, with no close friend or assistant, I feel as if my energy is waning, moment by moment. Tears flow in torrents. I do not want to die now. I am only twenty-six. It would be too miserable to die now without fully understanding the depth of my life, without having made any great contribution to humankind or society, or without repaying my debt of gratitude to my mentor.








No comments:

Post a Comment