Wednesday 6 February 2019

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 06 February 2019 - Year of Soka Victory - Toward Our 90th Anniversary

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
February 6, 2019
 
Unless we live fully right now, not sometime in the future, true fulfillment in life will forever elude us. Rather than putting things off till the future, we should find meaning in life, thinking and doing what is most important right now, right where we are - setting our hearts aflame and igniting our lives. Otherwise, we cannot lead an inspired existence.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
February 6, 2019
 
Therefore, I say to you, my disciples, try practicing as the Lotus Sutra teaches, exerting yourselves without begrudging your lives! Test the truth of Buddhism now!"
 
The Selection of the Time
Written to Yui in 1275
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
February 6, 2019
 
The Buddhist view is that to die a good death, one must have led a good life. The knowledge that death represents the return of the individual life to the great universal life prior to another phenomenal manifestation is a source of splendid strength, rich with compassion and wisdom. As he or she strives to perfect himself by doing good for others, the Buddhist is constantly aware that death is a fulfilling and enriching part of life. For people who believe this, death is not defeat, but a wonderful stimulus to live more vigorously and more meaningfully.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (22 December 1957) p.367
 
Rested for a while in the late afternoon. My strength returned. Getting rest is also important. Physical strength and energy are the source of power for waging a campaign.
 
Though winning and losing are normal events in the course of a person's life, I pray to the Buddha for my final victory.
 
I will engrave in my life this waka poem I received from Sensei; I shall not forget it.
 
In the evening, my wife and I discussed our plans for the coming year. Hope rises. The future opens.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment