Tuesday 11 December 2018

Sensei's Daily Encouragement -11 December 2018 - ‘Year of Brilliant Achievement in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu


     


Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
December 11, 2018
 
President Toda used to say, "Become individuals who are strong physically, intellectually and spiritually." To be strong in all three areas is the ideal. Many people may be strong in one or two of these areas, but only when all three are combined can we enjoy a well-balanced life, a life of resounding victory. Those who cultivate such all-around strength are never defeated.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
December 11, 2018
 
Over and over I recall the moment, unforgettable even now, when I was about to be beheaded and you accompanied me, holding the reins of my horse and weeping tears of grief. Nor could I ever forget it in any lifetime to come. If you should fall into hell for some grave offense, no matter how Shakyamuni might urge me to become a Buddha, I would refuse; I would rather go to hell with you. For if you and I should fall into hell together, we would find Shakyamuni Buddha and the Lotus Sutra there.
 
The Three Kinds of Treasure
This letter was written at Minobu in 1277 and addressed to Shijo Kingo.
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
December 11, 2018
 
When a tree has been transplanted, though fierce winds may blow, it will not topple if it has a firm stake to hold it up. But even a tree that has grown up in place may fall over if its roots are weak. Even a feeble person will not stumble if those supporting him are strong, but a person of considerable strength, when alone, may fall down on an
uneven path --- Nichiren
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (01 May 1957) p.329
 
The Gakkai's future is extremely important. This year so far has been agonizing – fierce storms of 'the three obstacles and four devils' have arisen. The House of Councillors election in Osaka was a great loss.
 
No matter how many times I stand on the field of battle,
I shall never forget today's sadness.
 
One day we shall definitely defeat the establishment's corrupt influence. Definitely.



No comments:

Post a Comment