Monday 22 October 2018

Sensei's Daily Encouragement -22 0ctober 2018 - ‘Year of Brilliant Achievement in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu

       

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
October 22, 2018
 
The main point is to enable one member to stand up by imparting heartfelt assurance and understanding. It is the explosion of faith in the microcosm of an individual that causes the macrocosm of the organization -a gathering of many such individuals - to commence its revolution. This is how the doctrine of a life-moment possesses 3,000 realms applies to our practice.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
October 22, 2018
 
Although unworthy, I propagate the Lotus Sutra; hence heavenly devils have competed to deprive me of food. Understanding this, I have no complaint, but I believe that I survived this time only because Shakyamuni Buddha entered your body to help me.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 952
General Stone Tiger
Written to Shijo Kingo on October 22, 1278
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
October 22, 2018
 
Any position, honour or wealth we may gain we will possess only during our present existence. But the unshakable state of life we develop through faith in Nam-myoho-renge-kyo represents our greatest spiritual treasure.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (11 November 1955) p.272
 
What is faith?
What is society?
What is country?
Economics? Politics? Culture?
 
At times I think randomly. It is important to ponder. I want, however, to live my life earnestly and thoroughly, reflecting on my incomplete self in a way most befitting my growth. Must try hard to develop the insight to perceive other people's true worth, their fortune and their essential nature. Also, will try my best to enable each person to move strongly and bravely, in the direction of the greatest good.



No comments:

Post a Comment