Thursday 26 October 2017

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 26 October 2017 - ‘Developing Youth in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu’



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
October 26, 2017
 
I hope that, basing yourself on faith, you will become wealthy people of virtue and influence who are widely respected. I would like to add, however, that worldly success is not equivalent to true happiness. Achieving this requires that we have a profound understanding of the nature of life. A person of success in the true sense is one who can enjoy a free and unrestrained state of life.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
October 26, 2017
 
Life is the foremost of all treasures. It is expounded that even the treasures of the entire major world system cannot equal the value of one's body and life.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1125
The Gift of Rice
Recipient and date unknown
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
October 26, 2017
 
Buddhism is a movement emphasizing self-education with the aim of unlocking and developing our inherent Buddha nature while at the same time bringing forth diverse wisdom and using various expedient means to help others tap their Buddhahood. This development of potential, this education of oneself and others, is the noblest path a human being can ever pursue.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (10 January 1956) p.285
 
Suffering mentally and physically. Perhaps I am the best physician when it comes to my own life. Because I am young, my heart burns with ambition. I am also unyielding, like a great boulder. On the other hand, my state of life is free and expansive, soaring into the sky like a great bird. I also possess the mind of a naturalist, who wishes to escape from society's harsh realities. I know the futility of seeking worldly fame and fortune and understand what it means to "perceive things exactly as they are." Complex – the psyche of youth.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment