Monday 30 January 2017

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 30 January 2017 - ‘Developing Youth in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu’

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
January 30, 2017
 
Buddhism teaches that "all phenomena in the universe are manifestations of the Law" (Gosho Zenshu, p. 564). I hope you will, with this understanding, engage yourselves in broad-ranging studies with vigour and determination. Your brains have a potential as vast and boundless as the universe. How then do we manifest the brain's full creative powers? There is only one way to bring out our full intellectual capacity: by constantly putting our minds to work.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
January 30, 2017
 
My disciples, you should believe what I say and watch what happens. These things do not occur because I myself am respect worthy, but because the power of the Lotus Sutra is supreme. If I praise myself, people will think that I am boastful, but if I humble myself, they will despise the sutra. The taller the pine tree, the longer the wisteria vine hanging from it. The deeper the source, the longer the stream. How fortunate, how joyful! In this impure land, I alone enjoy true happiness and delight.
 
A Sage Perceives the Three Existences of Life
Written to Toki Jonin in 1275
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
January 30, 2017
 
Just as a diamond can only be polished by another diamond, it is only through intense human interaction engaging the entire personality that people can forge themselves, raising themselves up to ever-greater heights.



Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (05 December 1957) p.361/62
 
A slight fever. A dark and gloomy day.
Spent the whole day battling myself; fighting for kosen-rufu. Way behind in writing my article. Very troubling.
Keenly aware of the excellence of President Makiguchi's and President Toda's scholarship. Lament my own lack of ability. Have no choice but to do human revolution.
Attended a YMD group chiefs meeting in the evening. Talked about Eta Benzo, the pioneer of Obihiro.
 
Boldly, I set my heart on the Northern Sea.
Let the wind blow!
Let the waves rise!
 
This verse speaks of destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment