Saturday 30 April 2016

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 30 April 2016 - ‘The Year of Expansion in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu’




Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, April 30, 2016
 
Nobel laureate Gabriela Mistral (1889-1957) of Chile, was well respected as a humanistic educator. Indicative of the great spirit of compassion and caring with which she interacted with her students is her "Teacher's Prayer": "Let me be more mother than the mother herself in my love and defense of the child who is not flesh of my flesh. Help me to make one of my children my most perfect poem and leave within him or her my most melodious melody from that day when my own lips no longer sing." With this same spirit, let us care for and nurture young people.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, April 30, 2016
 
You are indeed an unusual woman since you asked me to explain the effects of various degrees of slander. You are every bit as praiseworthy as the dragon king's daughter when she said, "I unfold the doctrines of the great vehicle to rescue living beings from suffering." The Lotus Sutra reads, "If one can ask about its meaning, that will be difficult indeed." There are very few people who inquire about the meaning of the Lotus Sutra.
 
The Embankments of Faith
Written to the lay nun Sennichi on September 3, 1275
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, April 30, 2016
 
Nichiren wrote that wrath can be either good or bad. Self-centered anger generates evil, but wrath at social injustice becomes the driving force for reform. Strong language that censures and combats a great evil often awakens adverse reactions from society, but this must not intimidate those who believe they are right. A lion is a lion because he roars.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (19 June 1953) p.143
 
Physically and mentally exhausted. All day long, I feel like a person suffering from a serious illness. How regrettable, how sad! Could this be the result of my past misdeeds or karma? How bitter my destiny. Must not allow it to defeat me. Because I have a mission, I must win! There are many things I must accomplish. Will dedicate this life to my mentor, Josei Toda.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment