Saturday 13 February 2016

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 13 February 2016 - ‘The Year of Expansion in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu’



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, February 13, 2016
 
Remembering things about a person is an expression of compassion and concern. Forgetfulness shows a lack of compassion, a lack of responsibility.
 

 
From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Saturday, February 13, 2016
 
Because I chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with my own mouth, I have been reviled, struck, exiled, and had my life threatened. However, in spite of all this, I have continued to exhort others to do likewise. Am I not then a votary of the Lotus Sutra?"
 
No Safety in the Threefold World
Written to Matsuno Rokuro Saemon on February 13, 1278
 

 
 Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Saturday, February 13, 2016
 
Henry David Thoreau, a renowned American Renaissance thinker, wrote in his journal: "Nothing must be postponed. Take time by the forelock. Now or never! You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." We shouldn't put anything off but seize the moment, living with all our being in the present. If we do that, he says, each moment will become eternity.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda – A Youthful Diary (15 March 1951) p. 98
 
My character: Is it good or is it bad? I myself cannot know. Recently I have been pondering which profession I am best suited to, the field in which I can make the best use of my character.
How the youthful mind changes from moment to moment! Why does it shift and flow so, endlessly vacillating? Is it only me, or is it the same with others?
 




No comments:

Post a Comment