Thursday 8 October 2015

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 08 October 2015 - Year of Dynamic Development in the New Era of Worldwide Kosen Rufu



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, October 8, 2015
 
When you encounter a wall, you should tell yourself, "Since there is a wall here, a wide, open expanse must lie on the other side." Rather than becoming discouraged, know that encountering a wall is proof of the progress that you have made so far. I hope that you will continually advance in your Buddhist practice with this conviction blazing ever more strongly in your heart.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, October 8, 2015
 
Where there is water, fish dwell. Where there are woods, birds gather. On the mountain  island  of  Peng-lai  there are many jewels, and on Mount  Malaya  sandalwood trees grow. There is gold in the mountains from which the river Li-shui flows. Now this place, too, is like that. It is the place of the cluster of blessings where the Buddhas and bodhisattvas dwell.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1070
The Place of the Cluster of Blessings
Written to Shijo Kingo on October 8, 1280
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, October 8, 2015
 
Life is like a sea voyage. We each need to open up our own course in life with the strength of our convictions, unperturbed by the crashing breakers of life's stormy seas. The fiercer the tempest rages, the more we need to rouse our own fighting spirit and man the tiller with all our strength and skill crying, "Bring it on!" Through this type of arduous struggle we can forge the practical wisdom to triumph consistently and, as victorious champions, to create history.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (03 August 1950) p.41
 
I have no ties with the other department chiefs.
It saddens me that Mr. Toda cannot immediately perceive what I'm trying to accomplish. I've never seen him stare at me with more displeasure than he did today. Feel totally miserable.
All I can do is devote myself faithfully to my work. I'm just an employee. Mr. Toda expects more from me than from the directors. An awkward position I'm in now.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment