Thursday 11 December 2014

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 11 December 2014 - Year of Opening a New Era of Worldwide Kosen-rufu


Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, December 11, 2014
 
President Toda used to say, "Become individuals who are strong physically, intellectually and spiritually." To be strong in all three areas is the ideal. Many people may be strong in one or two of these areas, but only when all three are combined can we enjoy a well-balanced life, a life of resounding victory. Those who cultivate such all-around strength are never defeated.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, December 11, 2014
 
Over and over I recall the moment, unforgettable even now, when I was about to be beheaded and you accompanied me, holding the reins of my horse and weeping tears of grief. Nor could I ever forget it in any lifetime to come. If you should fall into hell for some grave offense, no matter how Shakyamuni might urge me to become a Buddha, I would refuse; I would rather go to hell with you. For if you and I should fall into hell together, we would find Shakyamuni Buddha and the Lotus Sutra there.
 
The Three Kinds of Treasure
This letter was written at Minobu in 1277 and addressed to Shijo Kingo.
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Thursday, December 11, 2014
 
When a tree has been transplanted, though fierce winds may blow, it will not topple if it has a firm stake to hold it up. But even a tree that has grown up in place may fall over if its roots are weak. Even a feeble person will not stumble if those supporting him are strong, but a person of considerable strength, when alone, may fall down on an
uneven path --- Nichiren
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (07 January 1958) p.375
 
To the headquarters in the evening. Saw Sensei briefly. His condition seems extremely poor. Heartbreaking. Times have changed. Lamentable, regrettable. I, however have long to live before kosen-rufu is achieved. Sensei, please watch! The youth division will grow and will definitely carry on.
To bed early. Cannot fight if I am exhausted. All that interest me is our battle for the Law.




No comments:

Post a Comment