Tuesday 22 October 2013

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 22 October 2013 - Year of Victory for a Youthful SGI



Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
 
The main point is to enable one member to stand up by imparting heartfelt assurance and understanding. It is the explosion of faith in the microcosm of an individual that causes the macrocosm of the organization -a gathering of many such individuals - to commence its revolution. This is how the doctrine of a life-moment possesses 3,000 realms applies to our practice.
 

 
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
 
Although unworthy, I propagate the Lotus Sutra; hence heavenly devils have competed to deprive me of food. Understanding this, I have no complaint, but I believe that I survived this time only because Shakyamuni Buddha entered your body to help me.
 
The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 952
General Stone Tiger
Written to Shijo Kingo on October 22, 1278
 

 
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
 
Any position, honour or wealth we may gain we will possess only during our present existence. But the unshakable state of life we develop through faith in Nam-myoho-renge-kyo represents our greatest spiritual treasure.
 

 
Excerpt from Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (24 January 1951) p.81/82
 
Missed work today because my temperature rose to 104º F.  Felt delirious all day and experienced nightmares when I slept.  In the afternoon, K. stopped by to look after me...
 
At any rate, all I can depend on is my faith.  Today more than any other, I can profoundly sense the greatness of this faith.  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.  Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

1. Resolutely carry out a great propagation campaign during the coming year.

2. Carefully read the Gosho.

3. Read "The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings" and Nichikan's six-volume Writings.

4. Solidify business for our company.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment