Friday 3 August 2012

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 03 August 2012 - The Year of Developing a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda

Friday, August 3, 2012

 

As human beings, let us reach beyond our small, limited selves and attain an all-encompassing state of being, our hearts communing with the vast universe.

 


 

From The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin

Friday, August 3, 2012

 

Judging from these examples, we may conclude that for evil people living in the latter age the attainment of Buddhahood does not depend upon whether their offenses are slight or grave, but solely upon whether or not they have faith in this sutra.

 

 The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 409

Reply to Hakiri Saburo

Written to Hakiri Rokuro Saburo on August 3, 1273

 


 

Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda

Friday, August 3, 2012

 

Be resolved to summon forth the great power of faith, and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with the prayer that your faith will be steadfast and correct at the moment of death. Never seek any other way to inherit the ultimate Law of life and death, and manifest it in your life. Only then will you realize that earthly desires are enlightenment, and that the sufferings of birth and death are nirvana. Even embracing the Lotus Sutra would be useless without the heritage of faith – Nichiren

 


 

Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (1957) p.335

 

I was released today 17th, at 12:10 p.m. Several hundred  Osaka  members greeted me.  Overjoyed.  The Gakkai is strong.  The Gakkai is right.  The Gakkai is the most beautiful of organizations.

For the rest of my life, I shall never forget my friends from  Tokyo  who rushed to  Osaka  out of concern for me…


At 1:30p.m. went to  Itami   Airport  to greet Sensei.  Shed tears deep in my heart at my mentor's profound compassion.  Aware that the concern and worry Sensei has felt for me on this occasion have been deeper than the ocean.  Must, by all means, spend the rest of my life repaying my great debt of gratitude to him.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment