Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sensei's Daily Encouragement - 12 June 2012 - The Year of Developing a Youthful SGI

Daily Encouragement by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
  
Education definitely changes people's lives. This is why the SGI is so earnest when it comes to Buddhist study, which is the highest field of learning; it is the study of human beings and the foremost education. Buddhist study is the soul of the SGI.
  

  
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
 
I say this for your sake. I know your faith has always been admirable, but now you must strengthen it more than ever. Only then will the ten demon daughters lend you even greater protection.
 
The Supremacy of the Law 
Written to Oto and her mother, Nichimyo, on August 4, 1275
  

  
Wisdom for Modern Life by Daisaku Ikeda
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 
  
There may be times when life seems gloomy and dull. When we feel stuck in some situation or other, when we are negative toward everything, when we feel lost and bewildered, not sure which way to turn - at such times we must transform our passive mindset and determine, "I will proceed along this path," "I will pursue my mission today." When we do so a genuine springtime arrives in our hearts, and flowers start to blossom.
 

 
Daisaku Ikeda - A Youthful Diary (1956) p.283
 
Pondered the concept of 'eternally endowed' on the train home.  Lament my lack of intelligence.  Deeply aware that when all is said and done, there is no other way for me than to hurl myself into practice that will enable me to 'transform faith into wisdom.'  Ah, such is the plight of a common mortal.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment